Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Love You

Hello everyone
It's Erika here again with another card for you.
Today I have made a card using an adorable image called Girl With Kite.



For this card I did something a bit different. Usually I color all my digital images with Copic Markers, but now I wanted to try watercolor. So I used my Distress Markers and a water brush to color this image. Coloring with watercolor or distress markers are a bit different from copics, but I think it turned out quite ok. I like the look of watercoloring and I will definitely try it some more.


For the rest of the card I kept it pretty simple and used some adorable papers from My Minds Eye and to give the card some interest I die cut the image with a spellbinders die leaving a small part around the kite so I could trim that out with my scissor. I like how the kite is flying outside the diecut circle.

I really hope you enjoyed the card today and be sure to check back tomorrow for some more cards from the rest of the amazing design team.

Thanks
/Erika

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs